Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Nonprofits boost online donations

Nonprofits boost online donations: "Online software provider Convio released its Online Marketing Nonprofit Benchmark Study in January, which found that online donation dollars are adding up, with a median growth rate of 27 percent.

The Austin, TX-based company found that money raised online for many nonprofit organizations grew from virtually nothing to a median annual amount of $362,485, with some organizations raising considerably more."

1 comment :

Jeremy Gregg said...

I have had some serious concerns about the trend towards online giving for some time. I wrote an article on my blog today that I am calling, "An Open Letter to Venture Philanthropists," since I believe that it will take such a person to change this system.

Read the letter here:
http://theraiser.blogspot.com/2007/02/open-letter-to-venture-philanthropists.html

Anyway, I thought that you'd be interested. I'll let you know if I hear from Gates, Branson or Omidyar. :)

Jeremy Gregg
Editor, The Raiser's Razor